Tuesday 8 October 2013

Good Times, Bad Times


Ok, so it has been a while since our last post and for that I apologise as a LOT has happened since Verdon. First of all, we realised I had misunderstood my rights in Europe and I had to be out in a month or risk deportation. So we promptly headed back to Font to tick some ‘unfinished business’. On the way we got got robbed. The single most violating experience of my life. Luckily, Rich happens to be a ninja mastermind and he managed to scare the living heck out of the guy and leave him with a very sore head and all he scored out of it was an iPod shuffle. Lesson here was no matter how full the truck stop is and how brightly lit, you can still become a target. Consequently, we now have a van that is rigged up like Fort Knox... No one is getting and no one is getting out. (Thus no more bedtime tea for me...ha ha) We were just very lucky he didn’t find our wallets or phones before Rich found him. 

We met some great new mates back in Font. Our last couple of weeks were spent ticking problems, slacklining, talking until midnight, chasing wild boars, sipping on wine and just having a generally rad time. We headed to Germany. We drove to a picturesque little winery town. We showered for the first time in weeks. We got engaged. Happiest day of my life. Headed to Amsterdam and got nailed by seriously bad weather. Such a shame as all I wanted to do was ride my bike everywhere in this famously flat country. We hung out for 3 days then decided to head to Belgium. Arrived in Brugge and the weather was not too different to Holland. Had a great day walking the small town, hindered only by the masses of British footballers who thought it imperative to chant in chorus everywhere they went. Funny for all of 2 seconds then just down right annoying. We shared mussels “Brugge Style” and then had possibly the most amazing desserts of all time. We walked past a random patisserie school that sold their daily masterpieces very cheap so decided to try something each. I don’t even know what Rich had and to be honest I didn’t even care, as I was in a sugar trance from my own delectable treat. A chocolate and pear torte that surpassed any dessert I have ever had, flavours that will stay with me forever. I know I sound like the biggest fatty right now but I don’t even care. This thing was ridiculous, nothing will compare and I no longer need to try any other dessert. Ha, until I walk past my next patisserie! 

We headed for the border and got stopped in Calais as it is apparently unbelievable that two people could have travelled without working for 4 months. Confused yet happy to finally have my stamp we dove onto the ferry and headed back to Wales. It was so nice to come back to a lovely clean house and have long hot shower that I didn’t have to wear thongs in for fear of some mad bacterial infection. We popped a bottle of Verve with La and Carl to officially celebrate our engagement. Now it is time to try and get some work and extra qualifications to better prepare ourselves for our next european stint. Oh, and I have a wedding to plan...... :) 

Font Castle

Getting my Crush On!

Rich pulling on.... tiny.

Paul getting his slab on

Heel hook

Getting too cold for the 'Aire Shower"

Crushing... monkey style!

little bit of slacklining

My favourite jeweller....

At a local winery in Bernkastel 

Yay to us!

I look slightly 'special' here but you get the picture....

Pretty flower, gorgeous ring :)

Mussels 'Brugge Style'

The only way to celebrate....

No comments:

Post a Comment